Sunday, June 1, 2014

Amazing moments in the Now (6.1.14)

Good evening. Happy Sunday.

First, I want to apologize for the lateness of my sermon today. We have been moving nonstop and the internet hookup is a little complicated right now.

We have had a couple of baby goats...Fairy finally had her kids, and we inherited another llama girl that's a neighborhood stray.

In any case, we have met our neighbors here near the new land and met the new tenant of the farm we moved out of. It has been interesting and rewarding, and I realize as doors close in one area, they open in another. I really have enjoyed meeting new people and having conversations about things that matter...raising animals, growing food, living on the land....

This week I am thankful for new opportunities and new relationships, new life and new experiences. You can't take life for granted, not even for one moment. If you are living in a mindful state and experiencing the Now, so many wonderful and amazing things happen. How do we miss all of the daily miracles? By being too busy and not paying attention.

This week has been incredible. It has been one of the hardest weeks I have endured, moving livestock, moving barns and fences until well into the night, but when we arrive on our quiet, peaceful land and I look up and see the canopy of stars and the Milky Way, shining brightly above me, I am thrilled to be here, and thrilled to be alive in this single moment.

I know I would not change my adventurous self for one second. I learn from everyone and everything. I meet so many new people, just passing through my life, through my town, telling their stories, and I feel a kindred sort of love for all of them. They are me. I am them.

Life is beautiful, even in the hardest of times. If we can stop and live each moment, we can realize the gifts we are given daily, and be grateful for the abundance that flows to us all of the time.

This week, I feel compelled to just simply be, observing the world around me, and relishing each single moment as the Universe hands me gifts...baby goats, an eagle soaring overhead, the screech of a hawk, a horned toad running under the salt brush, the sand between my toes, and the clean and beautiful air of this amazing place. Mother Earth gives us life and sustains us as we wander on our journeys into the great unknown.

Isn't life beautiful?

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry


No comments:

Post a Comment