Sunday, May 25, 2014

Time (5.25.14)

Time does not stand still and wait for me.

No matter how I long for a few more minutes to enjoy a special moment, or how I wish the day had more hours to get things done, the hands of time do not sit idly by. No, indeed they march ever onward.

I used to think time was my enemy. It moved too slow. It moved too fast. Sometimes it did not move at all.

As I have grown older and my body has changed to reflect my age, oftentimes I still feel like a child, lost in an adult's body. Is this really me, I ask, when I am courageous enough to look in the mirror. I slightly regret that my body continues to grow older while my inner self never changes much at all. My spirit has no age. My spirit does not wait for time to catch up. My spirit knows what I do not, as I remain ignorant and feel each second tick tocking by.

I have decided to befriend my old enemy Time. It is my shadow and only progresses as I allow. Time is not even real. It is a construct of the human mind that needs borders to constrain. Security, as the clock reminds us of life passing? No, acknowledging time only deludes us into believing in this make believe dream where for a minute we are life embodied in human form. Spirit with borders.

Time is nothing at all--a plaything as Spirit dances and experiences life.

Life is energy caught in the physical, but energy is eternal. Time does not exist. Time is my imaginary friend. I am energy and I create each moment, each second. I create time. I love that.

I will try to consciously live in the Now and experience eternity in each second I create. I have all of the time I need...for now.

Have a great moment and a great day!

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment