Sunday, October 5, 2014

3 Lessons this week (10.5.14)

Good morning. Happy Sunday.

This week I have been reminded, once again, of a few important things. We have been moving from our off grid camper situation into a rental house for the winter--which brings me to my first lesson: Simplify.

It's time to let go of some more stuff. I realize this more than ever when I have to move. I have been unpacking boxes, and moving things from storage and the camper, and I realize it's just way too much stuff to keep hauling around. These things clutter up my life. Certainly a lot of our "stuff" is related to homesteading, such as waaaay too many canning jars, which would be great if we could actually fill them one year. Maybe next year we will be blessed with an overly abundant garden. In any case, holding on to stuff just bogs a person down. When you are feeling anchored to your things, like a weight dragging you down, pulling you under with the enormity of it all, it might just be the time to lesson the load. I'm feeling like that now.  In order to keep the energy flowing, I have to get rid of some things. By giving things away, or even selling items cheaply, I ensure the energy will flow back to me and provide me with what I need.

The second point of this week is Gratitude. Boy am I ever grateful to have found this rental house that will allow all of our critters. I am even more thankful that it is a well designed passive solar house that needs little to no extra heat. Once again, the sun is providing us with nearly all of the warmth we need. It is amazing and miraculous to have found this wonderful house. I am grateful that my family will be safe and warm this winter. I appreciate this home and all that we do have every single day.

And the third point is Faith. My husband had a significant pay cut this past week, and we are living on the fumes of his old job, hoping the Universe will provide us with the means to afford this rental house and feed our family and all of our critters too. It's been difficult for me, trying to put my fear aside as we move everything we own into this new and temporary space. But as one door closes, yet another opens into a new space in our lives. What will happen next? Will anyone sign up for our recycling service? Can I get my alternative healing practice off the ground? Can I write a little something on the side and sell it? Can I sell some art? Or will one of us really have to go and get some dismal job to make ends meet. Certainly we can and will do this if it becomes necessary. But can we get by without it? It sure is hard to have faith when so much hangs in the balance. And yet, that is exactly what I must do. I have to know that the Universe will provide. So, I will take the step and release my fear, and leave it to the Field Of Pure Potentiality.

Yes, this week has been about lessons, these three specific and personal ones for me, but isn't life always full of lessons? There are so many opportunities that open up for us to learn and grow and expand our consciousness, and these opportunities appear every single day. Sometimes they are camouflaged in what we think are problems, which in fact most times they are, but instead of thinking of them as conflicts or obstacles, we can indeed change our perception so that we are able to see the gifts these moments bring to us. Without these particular incidents or life events, we would not have the opportunity to grow into better and more evolved people.

Thank you Universe for the trials and tribulations that come my way. May I live up to the challenge and face it head on so that I might become who it is I am meant to be.

Good luck with your lessons. Remember to take a second look and see what the Universe is trying to teach you, or what you are trying to teach yourself. For once you have mastered this lesson, you get to move on to the next.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment