Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wild horses and the power of spirit (3.23.14)

Good morning! Happy Sunday.

Intention and faith are pretty powerful things. Together they can create miracles in our lives.

This past week I've had some experience with both, with a little bit of spirit magic thrown in.

Since we have come to the San Luis Valley, the wild horses have had a great deal of symbolic meaning for me. Not only are they beautiful creatures wandering out among the sage, but they represent a wildness and freedom not often found in the modern, technological world. Every time I see them I am moved by their power. Every time I see them I think of the crazy, cruel wild horse roundups our government sponsors in order to reduce the numbers and allow more grazing land for the cattle our culture is addicted to.

The past few weeks we have been looking for land. We finally concluded that it is going to be a long time, if ever that any bank is going to finance another house for us (see fracking, foreclosure in church farm blog). We thought we had found a nice piece that maybe we could just pay cash for (tax refund) but it was bank owned and the bank had decided to sell all five lots they are holding as one investor deal. So, we almost did that, wondering if the same bank would approve us for financing, because that was the only way it was going to happen. We went back and forth on this, trying to offer them cash for two of the lots, as the taxes per lot were incredibly high. No deal. We finally offered them cash for one lot, but the person handling the deal would be out of town for the week. (Funny how the Universe works. I laughed when I heard this, thinking this whole thing couldn't get much harder.)

Meanwhile, I began my course on core shamanism, which is an ideal fit for me, combining spiritual ecology with the other dimensions and spirit worlds that I feel like I have had a foot (or a toe) in since I can remember. One of the main things, of course, is to see the world from a shamanic perspective. So I do my cleansing ritual daily, and think back over the symbolic moments in my own life when the other side of reality showed itself and seemed to weave itself into the fabric of my regular world. We also made dream catchers (not related) as a home school activity. But, it turned out to be more related than I thought, as my son and Richard had bad dreams, exactly the opposite result of what the dream catcher is supposed to do.

What was going on? As I began to see the spiritual side of it and trust my intuition, I knew I must have dishonored the spirits somehow with our crafting of the spiritual tools for our own amusement. This is not how it should be, at least not now. So, I gathered the kids, the dream catchers, the sage and my energy and held a small ceremony asking for forgiveness. We also thanked the spirits for their gifts and asked for their guidance in keeping our dreams where they were supposed to be. I had faith that this was the right thing to do.

It seemed to work. No more bad dreams, and I felt better inside. I had quickly learned that this new path I walk on is a powerful road down unpredictable avenues where reality is not quite what it seems or is expected. But that's all part of the shamanic journey, isn't it?

We must be careful to honor the spirits in everything we do if we expect their compassion and guidance.

The next day I found another piece of land that we could afford with our cash in the same area as the other parcels that the bank held. The Realtor in communication with the bank on the five lots had just e-mailed us to tell us someone else was interested in all five lots. Hmmm..... The new piece of land was a better deal, and had much lower taxes because it was not part of that other development. In fact, we had the opportunity to buy the piece for back taxes, but as the owner had it listed with a real estate firm, we decided to make a cash offer instead, allowing him to pay back the taxes, the Realtor to make a few dollars and the owner to keep what was left. More people could benefit that way.

The owner countered, of course, but it was still within our range, so we accepted and we are now a few days away form owning 40 acres just fifteen minutes outside of Alamosa.

The best part of this whole story? The acreage is in a place that used to be known as the Wild Horse Ranch. The land was divided into the Mustang development. When I noticed this small (or huge) detail, I knew this land would be ours, that the spirit of the wild horse was showing itself to me once again and the symbology of this totem animal is very much still with me, creating miracles as I open myself to a whole other reality where magic happens.

Intention and faith. A very powerful combination.

Open yourself up to the possibilities and the miracles will appear. Life becomes an adventure that is a joy to live as we give ourselves to the power of our Spirits and trust in Source/the Universe.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment