Sunday, March 9, 2014

Instinct and Intuition (3.9.14)

Good morning. Happy Sunday!

Yesterday we went to the Sand Hill Crane Festival in Monte Vista, Colorado. The cranes started arriving in mid February and their stop over lasts through March, before they head farther north. But, during the months of February and March, (and again in the fall) the fields and skies in and around Monte Vista and Alamosa seem to be filled with these enormous, long-legged birds. It is a sight. As they fly they make this strange rolling honk sound, and the farmers' fields become feeding grounds as the big gray birds fill their bellies before heading north. The first time I saw them, we came down to the valley (to Blanca) to buy straw bales from a farmer who raises barley. Barley seed heads are one of the cranes' main food sources here in the San Luis Valley. His field was full of the cranes that November as they made their stopover before heading south to the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, where they overwinter. It was pretty amazing to see them out there in that field dancing, strutting around, and making their strange crane calls.

Nature is pretty powerful, isn't it? All of the wonderful birds that fly to the wildlife refuges in the San Luis Valley are following centuries old patterns of migration that ensures their future survival. And, they do it by instinct. We could learn a lot from the animals around us.

Keeping that in mind, our own journey this past week has been interesting as we pursue a new place to relocate. There have been some outright clear messages about where we are not able to go, and some other messages about where it might be okay to stay awhile. I have decided to trust in the Universe and allow the events to unfold as they will.

If I allow myself to trust my spirit and my own divine connection to All That Is, like the migrating cranes, I will eventually find the place I am supposed to be, whether that's for a season or for the rest of my days. And, as I release my ego and bask in my own intuition and instinct, I might just hear the call of my own spirit--the singing of one among the many that make up the Universal song that will lead us all forward into a better world.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment