Sunday, March 16, 2014

God power (3.16.14)

Good morning! Happy Sunday.

Here in southern Colorado, it sure feels like spring is upon us. We have rain, we have snow, we have warm days and cold nights. The days are getting longer and the sun is shining brighter into my windows, or so it seems. I feel my inner self reaching out to the new season, ready to grow and expand in new directions.

As the warm weather arrives, I'd like to allow myself to reach my fullest potential. I am interested in taking a rather rigorous spiritual training course that will test my mind, my body and my spirit, and I'd like to be at my best before I proceed.

After meditating upon this subject for a while, I have decided to conquer my sugar addiction once and for all. I feel that this is one of the major roadblocks on my own path toward self-fulfillment.

Each week, I try to give one day to my body by doing a water fast. This allows my inner healing abilities to be in control. I'd like to view my addiction as a challenge that I can gather the strength and power to conquer. I believe this is true of any addiction, although some might disagree. I have mastered the art of not smoking in this manner, for it is an art, in my opinion, to be able to have control over mind and body enough to push ego aside and give up bad habits and addictions. It is a true test of the higher self and will. If one can access Spirit then there is no question about what needs to be done, for Spirit knows what is best for our hearts, bodies and souls.

So this week, I am on a quest to listen to Spirit and ground myself in the power of Source so that I might once and for all overcome my own reliance upon sweet foods to satisfy my emotional issues. All of my issues can be handled by allowing the emotions to happen and by observing myself as I go through the sugar cravings. Certainly, sugar is one of the worst addictions, or so I hear, to overcome, but I am going to give it a go.

It is always powerful to choose a new and more positive direction to travel on the spiritual journey, and all of our potential "problems" are really just tests of Spirit or opportunities to overcome ego, in all of its many disguises.

This week, go within and examine yourself. Ask yourself if there is anything standing in your way to becoming your highest and best self. Then, seek ways to overcome. Meditate and the answers will come, for Spirit always speaks to us, if we listen and Spirit always has our best interests at heart.

Join me, if you wish, on a water fast every Sunday. It is an opportunity to cleanse the physical self and rein in the self-serving and impulsive ego. I welcome other travelers on this spiritual journey.

Ultimately our life journey leads us down paths that will test our will, our endurance, our faith and our abilities. If we tune into our higher selves, this journey will be that much more rewarding as we join Source and feel the Universal love that surrounds us at all times. Every step we take away from ego control allows us to step closer to our true selves, our higher selves, our God selves.

Go within and find your God power.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment