Sunday, December 7, 2014

Spiritual tools (12.7.14)

Good morning. Happy Sunday.

Ever had an experience that just felt icky? Ever been in the presence of someone and just felt like you had to get away from them? Conversely, you might feel pulled to certain places and people, or experience a feeling of peace or bliss when in certain situations. I've been experiencing more of these types of events lately.

Those feelings are part of an internal guidance system called intuition. And when those feelings arise, I listen. I didn't always listen to my gut, but over the years, I have learned to trust my higher self to guide me in particular situations. If I quiet ego long enough, I can hear the voice of spirit, which tells me which direction to go, whom to trust and what people to allow into my inner circle of loved companions. Life is better when I listen. I miss a lot of unnecessary "lessons" when I pay attention to that inner voice.

It seems as the world dissolves into a more chaotic state, my inner voice of reason, my intuition, is getting louder. I don't think this is by chance alone. I strongly believe the spirits are guiding me, keeping me safe, which I suspect they have always done. It is only very recently that the volume has been turned up and I have started to hear all sorts of interesting things. Let's say the spirit world is talking and I'm tuned in like a radio receiver. I don't always get words. Sometimes I get images, feelings and dreams. Sometimes I deliberately journey into that world and receive interesting premonitions that help me make better choices as I navigate this strange world.

I don't think this spirit connection is so unusual. It used to be the norm to our ancestral peoples. It would appear that more and more people are "waking up" and connecting to their spiritual selves and the abilities that are inherent in all of us. I believe that the Universe/Creator is helping us to adapt to a quickly changing world, and those of us who tune in and listen will be better equipped to deal with the coming changes.

It would appear that our environment is becoming more dangerous, simply because the climate is changing and people are changing. People are becoming more and more desperate as the world becomes a place they no longer recognize. The economy is still failing. In my opinion, the evidence would seem to suggest that the United States is on the verge of total collapse, which will send the rest of the world into a tailspin. As a country, we can no longer sustain the consumerism that has been brainwashed into our mainstream masses. Civilization as we know it is coming to an end. As a world we are on the verge of additional climate catastrophe. Something has to give.

Adaptation is key. We have to change to fit the changing world. That means we use all of the tools at our disposal (and no, I don't believe guns are tools). I do, however, believe that part of human evolution is spiritual evolution, which has nothing to do with religion. If religion is part of your framework, that's your thing, as long as you don't let the dogma cloud your spiritual reasoning. The spiritual path is very important as we face the challenges to come.

There is a reason why we are now awakening to these "tools" of spirit. These tools are not new, they are just underutilized and most of us are way out of practice using them. Perhaps you have noticed your own intuition becoming fine tuned, or you are hearing/feeling the spirits. Maybe you are having premonitions. Trust those things. They are gifts. Examine and evaluate them by all means, but take ego out of it and allow your higher self to make the final decisions.

Our ancestral spirits will help us and guide us as we walk this delicate path into an unknown future. We must honor and respect our guides and the help they offer. There are many spirits with us, and they are with us for a reason. Some protect us. Some offer us their wisdom and guidance. Open yourself to them. Listen. Meditate on connecting to your higher self and the messages will come to you.

How will you know when the messages come? How can we separate spirit messages from ego talk?

Spirit always guides us in the direction of love and compassion. Ego pushes us in the direction of self. Sometimes those things work together, but most often they don't. When we are competing or acting out of selfish ends, that is ego driving and our true self is once again asleep at the wheel. Ego is a tricky thing. Training yourself to be aware of it is important as you tune into the signals from the spirit world. Navigating the rough times ahead will be that much easier if we embrace our spiritual tools and learn how to use them.

Recognize your new awakening self and learn to use your abilities. Remember. It was always within you and it still is. Trust in your higher self.

Namaste.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry


No comments:

Post a Comment