Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pieces of the visualization puzzle (12.1.13)

Good morning. Happy Sunday!

This past week and a half of bitter cold weather has left me in a sour mood, where I mainly focus on finding a warmer place to move by surfing the internet in the hope of finding an affordable and vacant place in a nice small town, where the lows never fall below 20 F. This is not productive for anyone.

I have neglected my spiritual self, my artistic self, my family and my household chores as I lock myself in my own mind and try to create a dreamscape of sunshine and blue skies, a warm house and a warmer climate for my family and farm animals to live in. None of this actually changes the cold temperatures that haunt me. Nor does it seem to change my crankiness.

This leads me to think more about the act of visualization, and how when done correctly and in a focused manner, the act of daydreaming can indeed bring about the changes we desire, if we let the Universe in to participate in our co-creation.

I have been studying the subject of creating my own reality for a while, but rarely have much luck in attaining my goals. Why is that, I have to wonder? What am I doing wrong?

Well, most likely in my case, I forget to actively visualize several times a day. I forget to be specific, and instead my thoughts oscillate between here and there and never settle on a specific scenario I would like to create. Also, my negative self talk tends to sabotage anything positive I have been creating. One little word, one negative thought, one negative sentence spewed from my mouth, and it's all gone--all of my positive visualization is wiped away, erased from my creative canvas.

I have read that it takes seven positive comments to undo one negative. This is in relation to child rearing, but I suspect the same might be true for our own self talk. Seven positive words or thoughts to undo each negative, or to counter the negativity we have created with our reactionary words. Think about that.

Wouldn't it be better to not say the words at all? Or think them (which is much harder, in my opinion)? Certainly something to aspire to. But, in the event we do find ourselves thinking or speaking or even acting in dis-empowering ways, we have to balance the energy by turning it around. If you can, stop the negativity and begin to act in a positive and kind manner, even if it is in your own head. Thoughts have a lot of power and energy.

As we gain control of our thoughts and words, we tame Ego, and are much more likely to have positive results as we create the life we want to live.

We can practice our visualizations, which are so powerful in their own right, as we strive to live more consciously. See the world you want in your mind and flesh out the details. Be there, live there,  and do this for a few minutes each day, reveling in the joy and happiness the vision brings you. It never hurts to continually think about this as you go about your day, picturing how you'd like things to turn out, but do not get stuck in how the current reality does not match the one in your head. Do not let the negativity in to cloud your beautiful vision, for when you do, it fades away into nothing.

Instead, realize that creation takes time. As you think about the wonderful life you want, you are laying the foundation for tomorrow. Those thoughts are creating, working together to weave a future where your dreams come true.

Find gratitude for the things you have now, and take small steps to take yourself toward the life you see in your head. Those small steps certainly include thinking positive and countering negativity as it pops up. While I may think I am working towards my goal by endlessly searching for a warmer climate to relocate to, and this does help with visualization, as I neglect my current reality, I forget to find gratitude for what I do have, and this is a big part of the puzzle. Without gratitude, I spiral into negativity, and this erases the good work I may have done thus far in achieving the life I want.

This week, in the aftermath of Thanksgiving, we should continue to find gratitude in our own lives for what we do have--family, friends, shelter, food, electricity, water, clean air---and in spite of the obstacles in our lives, we should strive to keep our thoughts positive.

Hold your visions and dreams close to your heart and don't let them be washed away with a careless word or errant thought. If you find yourself in a negative state of mind, remember to be in the NOW, where, generally things are just fine and how they should be. Get yourself back on track with positive thoughts...about anything at all. (Guided meditation can help with this, if you are having trouble coming out of a negative spell.)

As you continue to create positive in your life (positive thoughts, words, actions), then more positive will show up in your life and you will find synchronicities or coincidences occurring that are leading you toward the vision you have created for yourself--the vision of the best life you want to live and the best person you want to be.

Good luck.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment