Sunday, September 29, 2013

A beautiful life (9.29.13)

Good morning. Happy Sunday!

Do you have a beautiful life? Are you living a life you love to live? If not, why not?

We should all be living wonderful lives full of beauty and happiness. So, how do we get the life we want?
We create it.

That may sound a little out there, but it's true.

After forty some years of trying to fit into the world around me, at some point, I realized my fundamental mistake: I don't have to fit into the world, but instead, I can create the world to fit me.

This new perception on my life has given me my own power back. I will never be a victim to anyone or anything, because I am in charge of what happens to me.

It's not easy to change perception in the midst of life, especially if you are entrenched in "main steam" thinking, which typically does not allow for what is called "magical" thinking. But, this is the error of humanity. We have spent hundreds of years perfecting the scientific method to the point where we as people do not allow for anything to occur outside of so called "science." Everything relies on sensory data. Unfortunately, so much of what comes into our brains bypasses our five senses, but it also gets filtered by our brains to fit into the world we know.

We are distracted by an American culture that caters to the five senses. As a result, how much of reality do we miss?

What if we could retrain our brains and ourselves to let more of the world in? What if we could train ourselves to actually participate in the creation of the reality we experience?

We can.

It is not easy, but it is easier than it seems. Changing perception begins with the little things. We have to cut out the unnecessary distractions (like mindless television).  We also have to learn to spin the things that happen to us into a positive light.

This is how the Law of Attraction comes into play, with our input, bringing us more of the same. I don't know about you, but I'd like to bring more good things and experiences into my life, and I can do this by focusing on the things I like in my life and not on the things I don't like or don't want.

I am also actively allowing new experiences into my world--perhaps things that don't fit into the scientific definition of reality. While I have always done this to some degree, for instance listening and interpreting "messages" from the Universe (which may actually be messages from my higher self), I am doing this more. I am participating in the web of life, feeling my own connection to everything around me.

The rose blooms for me. It does. Sure it does. It is a beautiful gift that I notice as I walk by. As I notice and appreciate such living beauty, I am grateful for witnessing such a miracle. In my gratitude and appreciation, I am sending out a message that I like it, that I want more of this beauty. And then I see a bluebird perched on the fence, watching me, and I notice the greenness of the grass beneath my feet, and the white, wispy clouds floating in the bright blue sky. Beauty surrounds me. I am thankful for living in such a wonderful place.

My perception of my world has changed by simply being present and noticing the things around me. I choose to notice the beauty of the world, and so more beauty is available to me. What I focus on expands.

Did I actively participate in creating all of those beautiful moments I just described? Yes. I was seeking more beauty and so my perception changed to allow more beauty to be available for me to experience. Complicated? Maybe. But not as much as you might think.

If we can live our lives consciously, which means we are present in the moment and aware of our thoughts, we can actively create the world around us through our intentions and vibratory frequencies. By maintaining a happy and positive frequency, we raise ourselves to a new level of reality in which happiness and beauty exist everywhere we turn. Amazing.

By becoming aware of our thoughts and choosing happier thoughts, we experience more joy in our lives. It becomes easier the more we do it, because like attracts like. The more happy thoughts we have, the more happy thoughts we have. The happiness grows and it becomes easier to deal with those moments of negativity when you are filled with joy and happiness. It becomes easier to see the silver lining as your energy frequency is raised to a higher frequency of happiness.

So, this week, let us try to create beauty in our lives by focusing on the beauty around us. Appreciate and express gratitude for the things in your life that make you happy, and watch as those moments of joy grow into more moments of joy. As your perception changes, your life will change too. Allow the magic to happen and be amazed!

Love.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment