Sunday, July 27, 2014

Green Desert Sanctuary 7.27.14

Good morning. Happy Sunday!

Another hard week, and I have to say, it is getting to me. At one point (yesterday) I considered, and even went so far as to write and post a blog giving up the church farm blog. I later deleted it, because I am not absolutely sure that is the right path to follow.

So here I am, stuck in this dark place, wondering how do I pull myself out? Certainly the petty concerns of living off grid in a camper are bringing me down while I forget to look at the bigger picture and focus on the goals.

What are the goals? I ask myself. Why are we here? The Horse led me here, but then it seems I was left alone to figure it out myself. The spirits have been quiet, but maybe I am not communicating with them either. It is always a two way street and communication takes both parties. I will try harder.

When we envisioned ourselves in this place, we saw an oasis in the desert, built from our hands, hard work and lots of love given to the Earth, to one another and to the plants and animals we bring into this space. We never anticipated the roadblocks we would encounter, or that the money would run out, or that we would not be able to get shelters built before winter set in. Sure, we knew it would be hard, be we didn't really understand how difficult it is for four people to live in such a tiny space, with little privacy or alone time.

And still, we want to retrofit a cabin/shed into a tiny house, knowing we will have to overcome and work out our issues with each other. It is a teachable/learn-able situation and I am grateful for the opportunity to become stronger and more compassionate with myself and with others. I do worry that I will even be able to do this thing.

We are growing Industrial Hemp, because we believe this one plant has the ability to save the planet and mankind. It can provide energy, building materials, food, medicine, clothing, bedding, fuel, and on and on the list goes. It is a miraculous plant that comes to us in dire times, when we need it most. I'd like to see everyone growing hemp. It neutralizes the carbon we are putting out into the atmosphere. If we let it, and use hemp as intended, we can turn this train wreck (humanities eminent extinction) around. Lets' be honest though and take the ego out of the equation, and fear along with it. Cannabis (yes the THC variety) also has many, many beneficial uses, the most important possibly is its ability to cure dis-ease. It also brings people closer to spirit and closer to each other in a path of love and harmony.

I had hoped that our Eco-based environmental church would begin to take off, but honestly, I'm not sure where to start with that. Perhaps we should hold some kind of ceremony here and invite local people to come and participate. That presents yet another problem. I am an introvert and am afraid of drawing much attention to myself. I am not sure why I feel called to create this church, except that my love of this planet far exceeds my fears (at least in the abstract). I have been disillusioned by religion for most of my life and could not reconcile my disbelief of most western religions with my desire to live a spiritual life.

Now, I understand the focus of the belief is less important than how people actually live their lives. I'm not concerned with what god figure people worship, as long as we all learn to live in love and have compassion for one another and for our Mother Earth. Drastic changes have to be made if humanity is to move forward into the next generations. I do not want to leave my children with this sick and unhappy planet. I do not want to leave my children with the monumental task of cleaning up after previous generations who were so eager to deplete the planet of all resources at any costs. At any costs.

I began this church, and Richard lends his support, in the hope that people could turn their spirituality into one that includes and perhaps focuses on healing the planet we live on. We must learn how to live in harmony with nature, and yes, that also includes living in harmony with each other. All people have equal value. I don't care where you live or what you do. I don't care about your past and the future is untold. Everyone writes their own story. I do care about my children (all children are my children, as they are yours) having a future with clean air, clean water, clean food and a beautiful place to live. I care about transforming this world of hate and competition into one of love and compassion. I do care about teaching everyone to live more simply and take less from our Mother Earth. I do care about the survival of the human species, as well as the thousands of other species mankind is pushing to extinction. I do care about the plants being pure and natural and about the food we eat being chemical free and unaltered from the form Nature intended it to take.

This church is my attempt to bring people together--people who also feel the strong pull to make a difference and a change as humanity moves forward. This is a church based in love--love for all people and all things, including the Earth, the Universe, and All That Is. This church is a sanctuary for people to just come and be and learn and teach and do what small things we can to heal each other and the Earth we live on. This church exists online to join people together who are not in physical proximity, but still want to form a fellowship around Eco-spirituality. This church exists in the physical to allow people to join together to learn and teach and experiment with methods that will help humanity learn to live in harmony with Nature. This church exists to serve as a reminder that the Earth is our Mother and without our precious, life-giving and life-sustaining planet, we have nothing left. We will all simply cease to be, and as humanity walks itself down the road to extinction, it will not be pleasant. There will be suffering, there will be so much pain and unhappiness. There will be countless, unnecessary loss of life. It does not have to be this way. This church is just one small effort to lend my own energy, and anyone else's energy who wants to join, to this monumental effort to save the planet and to save humanity from itself.

Join me. Join us. Together we can make a difference. Together we can learn how to live and move forward with our focus on love and compassion and living in harmony with respect for our Great Mother Earth.

Become a part of Green Desert Sanctuary. Lend your voice to our cause. Teach us. Come and learn with us. Let us be One in our efforts and let us share our good energy as we work towards creating a planet of love and compassion where clean air, clean water, clean food, adequate shelter, and education are available to all. These are human rights, for all peoples everywhere.

Follow us on Facebook

Love to all!

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment