Sunday, July 20, 2014

Appreciation and gratitude (7.20.14)

Good afternoon. Happy Sunday.

It's been a long and trying week. Today let's just practice appreciation and gratitude, shall we?

Sometimes it's difficult to really appreciate what you have, especially when the Universe is throwing some major tests at you. What can you do? Sit back, relax a little bit, disconnect from ego and enjoy being the witness. Not really as easy as it sounds, is it?

Gratitude puts us in another frame of mind. When we stop and become grateful for what is going right, for the things we do have, for the goals we have reached and the wonderful people in our lives, it puts our ego in an awkward position and kind of leaves it speechless in a way. Gratitude allows the storms to calm and when we begin to see the things we appreciate about ourselves and our lives, we begin to notice even more things. It's like a snowball of good feelings, getting bigger and bigger and pushing out that little self that always seems to demand more.

Today, notice the little things that bring you joy. And really appreciate them. You know you created that ...that joy, that thing bringing a smile to  your face. When you notice and appreciate, you say thank you to yourself and to the Universe for being such great co-creators! Good job!

Gratitude allows us to suspend our negativity and see all of the wonderful things coming forth. By focusing on the positive, of course more positive will follow.

Appreciation. I appreciate the clean air I breath, the wonderful views of the mountains I experience every single day, the food in our cabinets, the good health of my family and friends, the dreams I still have....

I am grateful for this life, this time, this space to just be. I am grateful to experience all that I do in this human form. I am grateful for learning opportunities that allow me to grow and expand into something bigger than my ego....

What are you grateful for? What can you appreciate today?

Enjoy life. Share love. Remember, what you focus on expands, so make it good.

Love to all.

~Rev. Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment